In the beginning, in the Caribbean Charter Yacht world, there were Monohull Sailing Yachts; then came the Sailing Catamarans; and now, the latest addition to luxury yacht chartering is the Power Catamaran! Here’s an insightful comparison of Sailing and Power Cats from the outstanding crew of Sea Boss, Captain Nathan and Gourmet Chef Laura Kurton.
Sea Boss, an award winning Horizon 60 power catamaran, is a custom built, luxurious blue water cruising yacht. Her sleek, modern clean lines ensure timeless beauty and will turn heads at every dock she visits. Sea Boss has 3 staterooms and can accommodate up to 6 guests and features an enormous full-beam master suite. Her highly refined and tank tested hull design make for a remarkably smooth, soft and stable ride, regardless of the sea condition.
Intrigued? Read on to learn more….
- Sea Boss can move up to 20 knots quite smoothly. This means that we can make more stops in a week and cover more ground in less time. Now on sea Boss we can also report that mornings are much less rushed for everyone as time is always on our side. Lay ins and later Breakfasts can be opted for without missing a thing.
- Clients often overlook that their main priority is to get to the next stop to enjoy the surroundings. They may have a romantic notion of the journey between with the sails up, silence of no engines, the sound of the water splashing as the hulls cut through the water whilst relaxing with a gin and tonic for an hour or so. Often, in reality, lack of wind makes it impossible to make substantial progress in a timely fashion and engines at some point have to be turned on. If clients really don’t want engines on, the slow, lengthly movement can become tedious for some clients. When there is enough wind to sail, tranquility is often replaced with hair in the lipgloss, spilled champagne, loud moving parts and ever changing shade. Very soon it is clear to our guests that they prefer to enjoy the stops more than the reality of sailing between them.
- On Sea Boss, trips between destinations are quick and direct. Sunny areas are always Sunny and shaded always shaded. With our fully enclosed, air conditioned, flybridge, the bar is always open.
- Sea Sickness is less likely due to the smooth sailing and limited moving in choppier water and Sea Boss is easy and comfortable to move around while underway.
- As there are no sails to hoist or manoeuvre there are less dangers or variables whilst moving.