What is a Crewed Yacht Charter?
A CUSTOMIZED CREWED YACHT CHARTER VACATION for the discriminating traveler with a sense of adventure and a fondness for being pampered aboard a Caribbean Yacht Charter.
Why Book a Crewed Yacht Charter?
- A LUXURY YACHT for your EXCLUSIVE USE during the term of your Caribbean yacht charter (typically 7 nights / 8 days).
- Your captain and crew have LOCAL KNOWLEDGE to take you off the beaten path to unique locales not experienced by other Virgin Island visitors.
- EVER CHANGING VISTAS “one show only” sunrises and sunsets from a different anchorage each day.
- GOURMET MEALS prepared by your personal chef based on your previously discussed preferences.
- An ALL-INCLUSIVE vacation to include meals, snacks, drinks, standard bar and water toys such as snorkel gear, water skis and kayaks.
- AFFORDABLE – starting at around $7500 for a couple for an all-inclusive week (with Captain-Only charters even less!), the cost per person often goes down with an increase in the size of your group.
Imagine the Possibilities!
How to Book a Caribbean Crewed Yacht Charter
Once you’ve decided to embark on your adventure:
- Decide whether you’d enjoy a monohull sailboat, catamaran (sail or power) or motor yacht.
- Determine the number of guests and number of sleeping cabins needed.
- Determine your dates as specifically as possible and check into flights.
Remember, the further in advance you plan and book, the more options you’ll have – at least 6 months out for Winter Season (December 15 through April 30) – to a year out for the popular Christmas and New Year’s weeks. With that said, there are often last minute deals especially during the slower Summer Season (May 1 through December 14).
- Once your dream yacht is selected, a contract will be forwarded to you for the yacht and dates you’ve chosen to charter.
- A deposit of 50% of the total charter amount is required to confirm the charter, or 25% of the total charter amount if the dates are more than 6 months out. Once the charter contract signed by the charterer and cleared funds are received, the charter is confirmed.
- The balance of the yacht charter rate is due 45 days prior to departure by wire transfer or check.
Crewed Yacht Charter Rates
Chartering the USVI and BVI on your own private, crewed yacht charter is one of the most stress-busting ways to spend a week you can imagine. How to determine the cost can be a bit more challenging, at least until you understand the basics. Here you go….
Caribbean charter rates are either “All Inclusive” or “Plus Expense”. Neither includes the customary crew gratuity which is typically 15%-20% of the charter rate.
The majority of our crewed yacht charters are “All Inclusive” meaning that all meals, appetizers, drinks and standard bar, water toys, customs fees and running expenses for the boat are included. The smaller yachts may charter for an “All Inclusive” week for as little as under $10,000 and up to $65,000 per week for the larger luxury power and sail catamarans. The large power catamarans recently coming into the fleets start around $25,000 and up.
The other category, “Plus Expense” is for the higher-end luxury yacht charters. The basic rate is for the boat alone and starts at about $25,000. All other expenses are additional including food, drinks and bar and all running expenses for the boat. These additional expenses are handled using an APA (Additional Provisioning Allowance) which is typically 35% of the base rate and paid prior to the charter. All receipts are provided for an accounting at the end of the charter.
SCUBA diving is usually an additional fee but not in all cases. The yacht’s brochure will spell out all the details on diving.